Paul Klammer (M.A.)
Paul Klammer is a scientific assistant at the Chair of Science Journalism. From 2012 to 2017 he has been working as an editor and reporter with the German weekly news magazine FOCUS, covering medicine, health and life sciences.
Quality of journalism has been a major topic for him, already during his Science Journalism training at TU Dortmund University. He has done empirical work on reporting about infectious diseases and about retracted studies.
In addition to his teaching and research assignments, Paul works as a freelance writer.
- 2012 till 2017, March: editor and reporter with FOCUS, science beat; Berlin, Munich, Dusseldorf
- 2016, June and August: summer replacement at FOCUS New York office; covering economy, politics and society
- 2011 till 2015: master programme Science Journalism, TU Dortmund University
- 2010 till 2011: editorial trainee, FOCUS
- 2007 till 2011: bachelor programme Science Journalism, TU Dortmund University
- since 2005: working as a journalist for FOCUS-Gesundheit, FOCUS Online, Berliner Zeitung, Grenz-Echo (Belgium) and others
Publizistikpreis der GlaxoSmithKline Stiftung 2016 (together with Claudia Gottschling)