Nico Hornig (B. A.)
Nico Hornig is a scientific assistant at the Chair of Economic-policy journalism and the Research Center DoCMA since September 2019. He completed the Bachelor’s programme “Wirtschaftspolitischer Journalismus” at the TU Dortmund University including an editorial traineeship at the online platform of German business weekly “WirtschaftsWoche".
He does research on the effect of media sampling on the results of content analyses and how economic research can benefit from communication science’s findings.
Besides being a researcher, he studies “Economics and Journalismus” at the TU Dortmund University and works with German business daily “Handelsblatt”.
- organising the Bachelor and Master programmes in Economic-policy journalis
- research with Dortmund Center for data-based Media Analysis (DoCMA)
- since October 2017: working with German business daily “Handelsblatt”, especially economics & politics desk
- since November 2019: student Master’s programme “Economics und Journalismus”, TU Dortmund University
- 2013 till November 2019: Bachelor’s degree “Wirtschaftspolitischer Journalismus”, TU Dortmund University
- October 2016 till September 2017: editorial traineeship at the online platform of German business weekly “WirtschaftsWoche”